Hebrews 2:1-9

 

Craiyon-generated image of a cross with a royal robe hung on the cross. And Hebrews 2:9 quoted.

Hebrews 2:1-9 begins with a warning against drifting away from the message of salvation. Then, the quotation from Psalm 8:4-6 supports the point that, through His death on the cross and His reign, Christ restores man's God-given calling to exercise dominion over creation, which was lost through sin.

Following are some reflections that may be beneficial to consider when studying this passage:

  • Verses 1-4
    • What "anchors" can help me avoid spiritual drifting when I am pulled by the tides and currents of this world?
  • Verses 5-9
    • How can I have hope in the midst of the brokenness I see in this present world?


For music inspired by this Scripture passage, following is a link to a YouTube video:

"What is Man?" (Hebrews 2): Link


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deuteronomy 20:1-20

Deuteronomy 24:1-22

Deuteronomy 21:1-23