Psalm 103

 


Psalm 103 is written by David, blessing the LORD from his innermost being with all that is within him. Woven throughout this psalm is praise for forgiveness of sins and redemption from the pit.  We, along with all the angels, are called to praise God for his holiness, goodness, righteousness, justice, mercy, compassion, patience, grace, and steadfast love!

Following are some reflections that may be beneficial to consider when meditating on this psalm:
  • Verses 1-5
    • "Forget not all His benefits" (v. 2b). What benefits can I praise God for, from the depths of my soul?
  • Verses 6-19
    • What is my response when I reflect on the forgiveness of my sins and the removal of my transgressions through Christ's work on the cross?
  • Verses 20-22
    • As we join in the call for all heaven and earth to bless the LORD for who He is and what He has done, what are some of His attributes and works that come to mind?

If you would like to meditate on this psalm through music as well, following is a link to a YouTube video:
  • "East to West" by Casting Crowns: Link


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 149

Psalm 120

Psalm 142