Psalm 101

 


Psalm 101 is a psalm of David. It is a royal psalm in which the king vows to rule by following God's example of mercy and justice.  The king will look with favor on the faithful but cut off evildoers.

Following are some reflections that may be beneficial to consider when meditating on this psalm:
  • Verses 1-8
    • What does this psalm teach us about godly leadership?
    • The nine "I will" statements in this psalm demonstrate what the king commits to do in his reign.  What "I will" statements would I write to reflect my commitment to God in whatever role(s) He has placed me?
    • Ultimately, Christ fulfills the role as the merciful and just King.  What do I learn about Christ's reign when reading this psalm from the perspective of Christ speaking?

If you would like to meditate on this psalm through music as well, following is a link to a YouTube video:
  • Psalm 101 KJV by Michael E. Owens: Link


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 149

Psalm 120

Psalm 142