Psalm 25

 

Psalm 25 is an acrostic, with each verse beginning with a letter in the Hebrew alphabet, generally in order.  In this psalm, as C.H. Spurgeon says, we see the very heart of "the man after God's own heart," lifting up his soul in trust to the LORD, and pouring out his heart to God in prayer about his enemies, need for guidance, transgressions, repentance, and troubles.

Following are some reflections that may be beneficial to consider when meditating on this psalm:

  •  Verses 1-3:
    • As "I lift up my soul" to the LORD, what deep parts of my life am I prompted to pray for?
  • Verses 4-5:
    • In what areas of my life do I need the LORD to "teach me [His] paths" and to "lead me in [His] truth"?
  • Verses 6-15:
    • What transgressions do I need to pray for God to forgive or "remember not"?  Or in what temptations do I need to pray for God to "pluck my feet out of the net"?
  • Verses 16-18:
    • Pray for all those who are feeling "lonely and afflicted," especially during these challenging times.
  • Verses 19-22:
    • Pray for God to redeem us, His people, "out of all [our] troubles," because of His mercy, steadfast love, goodness, and grace.

If you would like to meditate on this psalm through music as well, following is a link to a YouTube video:

  • "Show Me Yours Ways" (Psalm 25) by The Psalms Project:  Link


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 149

Psalm 120

Psalm 142