Psalm 85

 


Psalm 85 is another psalm of the Sons of Korah.  It is a prayer for revival after experiencing God's wrath due to the iniquity of His people.  Verses 1-3 reference what God has done for them in the past;  verses 4-7 are prayers for restoration in their present; and verses 8-12 demonstrate hope regarding God's response and the future.

Following are some reflections that may be beneficial to consider when meditating on this psalm:
  • Verses 1-3
    • There is a Selah pause after declaring God's past restoration, forgiveness, and atonement.  What has God brought me out of in my past?
    • When are times in which I have experienced God's discipline due to my sins?  What have I learned through those experiences?
  • Verses 4-7
    • Pray now for revival among God's people.
  • Verses 8-12
    • What is it that God might be saying to me, which I need to listen to and hear?
    • What goodness can be experienced when we follow in God's righteous ways?


If you would like to meditate on this psalm through music as well, following is a link to a YouTube video:
  • "Lord, Let Us See Your Kindness" (Psalm 85) by Francesca LaRosa:  Link


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 149

Psalm 120

Psalm 142